Monday, November 14, 2011

Baby's room

Trial Run- Seeing color choices together.




Since Blake has been gone it's amazing how much I've been able to get done with baby stuff. 

Here's the break down:
My mom found the quilt at a garage sale for $2 - It was a light blue with bleach spots and I dyed it a more saturated blue. I decided to add the large rick rack ($6) for a little extra flare.
I used a brown corduroy for the bumper pad, ending up being $8.
Striped, pleated crib skirt. This was the jumping off point for my color choices. $12
I bought the rocking chair for $10 from a guy in my mom's ward. I decided to recover it in an off-white linen ($24). I made the striped pillow with the corduroy cording, as a pop of color for the chair.

I am almost done with the nursery. I'm still trying to figure out what I should do on the walls, and I bought fabric for drapery, just have to make it. It probably is cheaper to just buy a crib set, but it sure has been fun putting it all together.


 

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ahhh Chels! It's SO CUTE!!!! You are A-MAZING!