Thursday, May 31, 2012

Patience. . . Isn't that one of the virtues?



(this post was written at 4:30 in the morning. . . just a warning)

It was a rough night for the Davis clan. Blake came home from work feeling really sick. At apx. 10 pm he threw his guts up. I swear I have never seen someone puke so much. To top it off Peyton went to sleep at 9 and woke up every hour and a half. Then at three he decided he wanted to be awake for a while.  
 Peyton: "come on mom lets be happy and play!"
Me: "my bady aches my eyes are swollen shut, just please go to sleep so I don't pass out on you."

Finally after bouncing on the yoga ball for 45 min, and singing I am a Child of God who knows how many times at 4:03 he went to sleep. With a big exhale I fall back into bed. . . boing! I can't fall asleep, which was okay since woke back up at 5:00.

I am so thankful for these wonderful opportunities to learn patience. after seeing Blake be so sick I am so thankful for my health. Get better soon babe; so you can help me with P through the night, so we don't have to sleep in seperate beds, and mostly so I can kiss you on your lips again.

1 comment:

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

you have a cute blog too! love the family pictures. hope everyone gets some sleep soon!