Saturday, June 9, 2012

Thrifted Mirror Makeover


BEFORE
AFTER
I love craft days! Since I have had Peyton it is so much harder to start and finish projects. To be honest though, I just stuck him in the bumbo outside with me, I don't know what I am going to do when he can move around.
 
I found this mirror at a thrift store. It was originally $19.99, but I was able to talk her down to $14.99. I used a satin, antique white spray paint, and a fine sandpaper.

I loved how this turned out, but the one problem; Blake pointed out :) the antique white does not look good with the living room color on the wall. Bright whites look a lot better, so we are still trying to find a good place for it. We will probably put it in our bedroom for now.

It was a fun project to work on. Here is how I did it. . .



I started out by sanding the high spots. . .

Then I taped off the mirror part, so it would be easier to spray paint. . .

Then I spray painted, let it dry, and did another coat. . .

Here's a closer look. . .

I sanded the high spots again. . .

I dusted it off and cleaned the mirror. . .

And this is what the finished product looks like. (sorry for the crotch shot).

1 comment:

Heather said...

Chels! Thats way cute! I wish I was more crafty like that.. Maybe one day I will become like that and you can teach me:)