Friday, August 24, 2012

Bookcase Makeover

Back in April I saw an idea on pintrest to put fabric on the back of a bookcase to add some flare. I got a little hasty and choose fabric on a whim while shopping at walmart.
After putting it up, my husband ever so sweetly told me he hated it.
"It's too country" he tells me.
I've finally got around to redoing it. I decided to go with burlap to add texture and would go more with the room.


Fresh flowers and candle light can add to any space.


I like how this turned out. Blake has not seen it yet, but hopefully he likes it too :)

Just a little tip: I don't like using lots of decor on the kitchen counters, but I do think decorating using fruit and vegetables in bowl add a certain freshness. I am announcing this now. . .when I get my own home and I have money or a garden I want to have fresh cut flowers in my rooms.

And. . .

We made delicious chocolate mousse parfaits for dessert last night and watched The Hunger Games. All and all a good night!


No comments: