Monday, January 21, 2013

Flirty and Fun

I like my makeup natural and clean most of the time, but every once and a while I like to add a little extra to spice up my look. Whether it be for a date night, wedding, or just for fun. My secret, I add little fake eyelashes. Most of the time I will add two lashes to the ends of each of my eyes. For our anniversary I decided to go all out and I put about eight on each eye. The lashes only cost $3, and to me it's well worth it. Even if Blake can't tell I'm wearing them I feel extra pretty, and really when it comes down to it that is what really matters (am I right ladies?) ;-)
Before
After
Before
After

My friend who does makeup showed me how she put on fake eyelashes, these were the tips she gave me. . . 
To Apply:  Put all the makeup on like normal including mascara. This is the secret she shared with me; you don't apply them to  your eyelid, you SET the lash on top of your real eyelashes. I dip the lash in a glue dot with tweezers and add. After, I let it dry for about 5 minutes, and I apply one more coat of mascara and add a little bit of eyeliner. 
To Remove: Wash off with water (and I like to use baby shampoo).  


PS. Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I am so thankful for the country that we live in, and the freedoms that are offered to everyone.
Have a Great Day!