Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Merry Christmas from the Davis Family

It’s amazing how much fun Christmas is when you have a toddler. All those years of un-excitement and disbelief wash away, and it’s like your experiencing it again for the first time. And I’m not just talking about Santa and his reindeer, but it’s a different experience when you are teaching the story of the birth of Christ. It helps you truly remember what Christmas is about.


Just like we do every year we spent Christmas eve, and Christmas morning with my family. And all of Christmas day with Blake’s family. Which works out splendidly that we get to spend every year with both our families.
We thought it would be more fun/exciting for Peyton to spend Christmas morning with everyone in my family, since it would probably be boring with just Blake and I. As our kids get older I’m sure we’ll develop our own traditions, but for now it’s nice to spend it with my family.

Mary and Joseph riding on the donkey

Our narrator of the birth of Christ 
Annual Family picture around the christmas tree
Peyton opening his Christmas Eve jammies,
which he proceeded to try to put back in the wrapping, he was not impressed. 
Family line up from youngest to oldest



Every year my family takes the week of Christmas to New Years Eve and choses something to do every day. Most years I am lame and do about half of what they do, especially since a lot of it includes cross country skiing, which has never been my favorite way to spend time. This year it was fun for me because most of the things they did could include. Especially in winter any excuse to get out of the house is a good one. Some of the activities included; sledding, swimming up at green canyon, wallyball, seeing the second Hobbit movie, playing card games, and the best part eating dinner at my mom’s house every night. Yes, that meant no cooking for me for a whole week, hallelujah!









No comments: