Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Summer Full of Fun

This summer has been so much fun, and not to mention very busy. So, alas I’ve been lacking on the blogging. Anther excuse is; I’ve been trying to be so good to keep up with my scrap book, and because I have already journaled the events I forget all about the blogging scene. Thus I give you an overload of pictures J

 Megan & Colby's Wedding







Blake's youngest sister Megan was married to Colby Tidwell in the Idaho Falls temple.

Fourth of July Weekend



We went to the Huntsman Firework show in Driggs and it was the best fire work show I'd ever been to. Blake would probably be mad that I am putting this on the world wide web, but he admitted to even tearing up during it. If you are in eastern Idaho during the fourth I would defiantly recommend going to this show, trust me you will not regret it. 


Our friends Kevin and Kimmie spent their fourth of July break with us. It was so fun to have them stay with us. They were friends we made back when we were first married and have been great friends ever since. We love it any time we get to see them. It was especially fun, because this was our first time meeting their little Emerson.

Davis Family Trip to Bear Lake





We just love going to Bear Lake. Where we go is just perfect if you have little ones. It takes a while to get out very deep, the water is warm, and the sand is ideal for building sand castles. This was a very fun, family filled weekend. It was so wonderful that everyone was able to be there so we could grow a little closer as a family. 

Camping at Jackson with my Family







A couple of days after we got back from Bear Lake Blake left to go drive truck for his brother in North Dakota. So when my parents invited me to go (tent) camping with them I was very unsure. I knew Peyton would have fun, but camping with a toddler ALONE is daunting. But my parents were a big help, and we had lots of fun during the day (as you can probably tell from Peyton's extremely dirty face). Night time however was a different story. Between my Dad's earth rattling snoring and Peyton waking up and crying through the night, ooh buddy it was a little rough. I decided that only staying three days and two nights would give me my fill :-)
The cool thing about the spot we go to; Colter Bay, Wyoming is that is the spot my mom's family went to when she was eight years old and has been going to every year ever since. Now since a lot of grand kids are married and live all over, its just one of those things if you want to go great, if you can't make it that's okay to.


It has been busy, busy. busy. But it is as Marjorie Pay Hinkley said:
"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."

No comments: