Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Trip to the Zoo

That title sounds like a start to a children’s book, and I suddenly feel the need to rhyme every word together, but alas I will refrain.

I have wanted to take Peyton to the zoo all summer, since he absolutely adores every animal. But I knew it would be more fun if he could go with other kids. He really feeds off of older kid’s energy. So I was excited when Holly invited us to go with her and her kids. We also had two very special guests join us; P’s nana and aunt Megan.

I think his favorite part was feeding the goats. He must of enjoyed the feeling of their sand paper tongues or something J He also did get excited when nana was showing him the monkeys. We have been working hard on animal noises and so far we’ve got the Hulk, a Lion, and every once in a while an elephant, a pig and a monkey. When we came to the lions he roared his terrible roar, which was very entertaining.











I hate to even mention it, but there was a sad part to this day. . .

I don’t know if anyone else gets this way, but when I am trying to drive somewhere I have never been to before I get stressed out. Which can I say is d-u-m-b, Dumb. So I am following my navigation to get to the zoo and I am getting stressed out. The navigation tells me to turn right a little late, so I make a hard right, and apparently the blazer does not have good turning radius, cause I slid. We're talking skid marks and the squealing of tires. Next thing I know there’s a stop sign in front of me and unmentionables are coming out of my mouth. I broke the stop sign clean off. I got out and checked my fender, and I was surprised to see it wasn’t all that bad. Bad enough that I would have to tell Blake, but not horrible J. The police came and did all the filing and sent me on my way. I was a little in shock after it happened that I could not stop shaking, but more than anything I was just embarrassed. Let me just say that I am so thankful that nobody got hurt, that nobody else was involved, that I have car insurance, and that Blake took it so well.

Here are some pictures from the little incident and I’m mad at myself for not taking a picture of the stop sign, but I kind of had other things on my mind at the time. 



Not too bad for running right over a stop sign right? When I told Blake, he just kept laughing while saying
 "I can't believe you ran over a stop sign, man I wish I was there." 

It was kind of like the movies, except for they are better at NOT hitting things. :-)
Oh well it is what it is and all I can do now is make the best of the situation, thus why I share this ridiculous tale on my blog. For all of you to mock at my driving.

Besides that it was a very fun day. I am so thankful to Holly for making her schedule work around mine so we could go together, defiantly worth it.

Have a great day, and drive safely :-)

1 comment:

Teri Wadman said...

I am glad Peyton liked the zoo. And funny story. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that doesn't like driving new places and uses the GPS...i have never hit a stop sign though :)