Friday, August 30, 2013

Play Time with Peyton

I feel so lucky that I’ve been able to spend so much time with P this summer. Especially since this is an age where I feel like he can do something new every day. That was probably why I had a hard time saying goodbye to him last Friday when I had to go to work.

My Inner Tom-Boy

Playing with Peyton has brought my inner Tom-Boy back out. I loved bugs when I was a girl, but when I hit my pre-teen years they suddenly got really gross. Now here I am catching grasshoppers, ladybugs, rolly polly bugs, and even daddy long legs. I do it all for the pleasure and amazement for my little boy.  




P's New Red Brick House

Peyton is finally in a big boy carseat which is a big deal, but that's not the best part. . . The best part was the big  box it came in. Using all of my skills gained from cutting so much cardboard for our chair we made my junior year of college, I decided to put it to good use. I decided to make a simple playhouse. It probably took me three hours from start to finish, but the reward paid off. . . 


While I painted the exterior,
Peyton worked on the interior 

I should have taken pictures of building the house, but when I'm in the moment I have a hard time remembering to take pictures along the way. Everything used, were items I already had lying around the house. For the door knob I used a cork, and on the shutters I used a little bit of velcro to help them stay shut. The nice thing about this little house is that it is made of cardboard so if I feel like it is in the way or if it is just falling apart I can toss it without being too attached. For now I just store it in our unit out back and bring it out when he wants to play in it. 



I feel so lucky to be given the opportunity to be a mom. It really is the most rewarding job! 

Have an excellent day!

  

No comments: