Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We fell in love




This story takes place on a fine spring afternoon in a little restaurant Craigos. Me a hostess, and him a stucco worker. He came in for just a little buffet pizza, but oh did he get more. He was working on a job close to Craigos, so naturally he came to eat there twice in a row. When he came in the second time I was just trying to be friendly and told him that he came in enough I should just know his name. So he told me. I remember (Leighanne) his waitress came over to me and said . . .”That guy just asked if you were dating anyone, and I told him no, we’ll see if he leaves his number.” I said, “if he leaves his number I’m not calling him.”

He comes in again the next day. He walked over to the pasta counter and asked me what I was doing that weekend. Let me remind you that all I know about this guy is that A: his name was Blake. B: He worked construction. Let me paint a picture for you. Young man, with a full week beard, covered in stucco gunk, seems cocky, if he is asking a girl at a restaurant he does not even know out. I made up the amazing excuse that I was moving into my apartment. (good right, like saying I’m washing my hair). These white haired relief society ladies were basically saying, give the guy a chance. So I thought I would live on the wild side and say yes. Little did I know I am the wild one.

From the first get go we connected so well, something was different. That different something would be the best decision I have ever made.




No comments: